Does your 4 yr old call for you when they are scared?

I ask this question b/c my son had a pre k evaluation. He was scared and called for me many times. Plus he told the tester no many times b/c the things they asked my son to do, I do not allow him to do. (jumping off of steps, running inside and throwing a ball inside.)
Since my son called for me and said no, I was told my son needed behavoiral therapy. I thought all children call for their mothers when they are scared. The tester made it seem that children over the age of 3 don't call for their mothers.
So is it normal for a pre schooler to call or ask for their mothers?
Please forgive my spelling.

lighthouse98

Asked by lighthouse98 at 4:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my little ones both yell for me when they are scared. its perfectly normal. As for telling them no good for him for remembering what mommy taught him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My boys are 4 and 2 and they yell for me when they are scared! I would ask if you can have him re-tested! Will your son do better with a woman doing the testing? Maybe he just didn't like the guy doing it. And from the sounds of it I don't blame him at all!!!!!

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 1:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2009