Can a marriage survive infidelity?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes, but only if the one who cheated will be completely truthful and open to the other so that trust can be rebuilt. It may take several months and any time there is a tiny lie it can cause major setbacks. However, if the cheater refuses to be open and communicate about everything with the other it won't work. It will just be super painful and will end with the 2 never quite fitting things back into place.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 4:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• yes, but its very hard, you have to work hard on it and not let things get to you..
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 5:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• yes it is. Hubby cheated and its been hard but we made it work. Although the only way I let him stay is forbiding any contact with anyone of the opposite sex. I still watch the phone bills but Im letting up. I know its controlling and i hate doing it but i also have severe trust issues.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• IN MY PARTICULAR CASE, NO IT COULDN'T, THIS WAS SPOKEN OF AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MARRIAGE 38 YEARS AGO AND IT STILL STANDS TODAY.

Answer by older at 7:48 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• As long as you are both accountable for why he/she cheated in the first place. And the reason gets fixed. Then I don't see why it can't be saved.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2009