Would you consider this early labor?

I am supposed to be induced in about 4 hours from now, lol. Have been getting woken up since midnight several times an hour with contractions, and finally got up to time them...15 minutes apart lasting about 60-70 seconds. Is this considered early labor? I ahve never gone into labor on my own, and they are staying consistant with me laying down or up and being active. Should I still go to the hospital at 7? or stay home untill I normally would have gone in and just call them and let them know whats going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Start looking for bloody discharge. I never get it til much later in the labor, but they always ask me that when I call in! LOL I'd hold off on calling them until they are closer - like 5 min apart and you are in a good bit of pain with them - especially in your lower back. If they are expecting you at 7 and you think you're in labor you could just show up then unless you'd rather labor at home. Then call and let them know you are already in labor and how you are progressing.

Too, did they do a cervical balloon or something on you last evening? It may be causing these contrax and they may or may not be the real deal. You'll only know for sure in time.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 4:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Nope, no balloon or exam at all yesterday. Last thursday was the last exam I had and I am already 2 cm. I would rather labor at home, but if it is false labor then I dont want to have to reschedule the induction either. Do you thinnk they would confirm labor has started and let me go back home if it has?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Doubt it. If you progress 1cm - that's how they confirm labor - then at my hospital they keep you. You get your arm band and monitors. Woohoo! (I hate laboring at the hospital!!!!)

I would say you'll know for sure before 7 if you are in labor. If you aren't then show up and be induced.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 4:53 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• lol no if you have started they most likely will keep you but you can surely ask
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:54 AM on Jun. 30, 2009