2 questions for newborns

my first question is do u nesseciarly have to use the baby water for the formula or can u use bottled water like poland spring? this ngirl i worked with use to use the poland spring..whats ur opinion???

second one..how long do u have to wait until it is okay to bring ur baby outside? im due july 21 mabye even earlier i was just wondering how long i should wait to bring him outside like to a friends house or something?

JAiDENSM0MMY

Asked by JAiDENSM0MMY at 4:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• first of all i used regual tap water with my son. As far as how soon you can have a new born out thats up to you and how your baby is after being born. I had my son out the day after we got out of the hospital.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I am not 100% about the water thing, but I would assume it would be okay. The outside question, as long as baby is kept cooled off and proper precautions are taken as far as all company (even at your friends house) washes hands and germs are kept down to a minimum, you can take baby out whenever you like.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:46 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• The special thing about baby water is that is has flouride added. If you live in an area with drinkable tap water you can use it. I'd put a filter on the faucet to filter out chlorine, but otherwise if you can drink it then it should be fine. (I say that bc my inlaws live in TX and they have to only drink water bought in bottles. The tap water is not for drinking. Where we live the tap water is great for drinking.) So basically it is up to you what you want to use.

When you don't bf, your baby's immune system is left without any ability to fight off illness for 2 months. Since you are planning to formula feed, you should really keep your baby from unnecessary germs for that length of time because it has no immunity to fight them off with. I know our neice didn't do that and she ended up with a baby in the hospital with RSV at 6 weeks.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 4:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• with my son i used the regular bottled water and well water he is just fine and you can take your baby out when ever you want
    we didnt do anything for a couple weeks but that was becaus ei didnt feel up to it lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I use deer park water to make my sons formula. I have well water, but it has way to much iron in it. And the outdoor question, I would wait a few weeks. After having my son, I only took him out when I had to unil he was 8 weeks, I hope this hels
    jessduncan77

Answer by jessduncan77 at 8:52 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• If you have tap water that is drinkable then you can use that. It doesn't have to be bottled water. We only took our DD out when necessary until she was several months old. We (he ) was paranoid about germs. She is a year old and he is still that way.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:02 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Tap water and there is no reason to stay inside at all, as long as you feel up to taking him out somewhere.

Out in the sun is a different story....you need to be very careful having him outside for very long since you're not supposed to sunscreen before 6 months. But if you want to do some shopping or visit friends...go for it!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• That's bull about not having the ability to fight off illness for 2 months because you don't breastfeed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I used tap water for my DD and she's perfectly fine, and she was born July 9 of last year and we had her out and about less than a week after she was born, we just made sure she was kept cool
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• you can use regular water as long as it's safe to drink
    My son was born July 15th last year... we didn't wait to bring him anywhere. Just be careful in the heat and sun if you are outside.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:25 AM on Jun. 30, 2009