doctor wrong about my due date??

ok.. so i just had a 3d ultrasound done and they said my babys head measures at 34 weeks and 5 days!!! i am supposed to be 32 weeks and two days. ssoo i am kind of freaking out. i have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow so i can ask then.
but has this happend to anybody else before? could the doctor be wrong about my due date?
i am due august 19. but the new due date would be august 2 (my birthday lol) ahh thats just seems like a big difference to me.
i have G diabetes . maybe that makes the difference..but they said that wouldnt effect the head measurments.

jeeennn

Asked by jeeennn at 4:46 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ya my daughter was measuring by 34 weeks she was measureing 38 weeks they are just measurments they reall dont mean to much
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• when my mom was preggo with me the dr told her By my head i was due april 5, by everything else i was due april 19, i was born april 12th.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 4:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Ultrasound measurements aren't always just right. My son was supposed to weigh 8lbs to 8.5lbs. The next day he weighed 9lbs 6oz. when he was born. They could've been off a pound in the other direction just as easily. Besides a due date can be wrong up to 2 weeks either way. It's just an estimation.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 4:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• only early u/s (before 12 weeks) are closely accurate. anytime after that, they are usually always wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Early u/s (before 12 weeks) are usually pretty accurate but after that the baby grows at its own rate and later u/s are usually wrong. I freaked out over mine bc my first due date is July 17 and my second was Aug 1st! Docs usually won't change the due date after the u/s even if they think its wrong. Its just an estimate anyways, the baby is going to come when it comes and there isn't a lot you can do about it! :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:48 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Many children measure differently at different stages of the pregnancy. Some grow bigger (your 10 lb premie babies) and some grow smaller (your 5 lb full term babies). I've seen both ends of the spectrum and in both cases the babies were born when they were suposed to be and healthy. So don't worry. That baby will come when he/she wants to and no one can tell him/her any different. =)
    Squeakette

Answer by Squeakette at 12:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2009