what is it with women..

okay so my SO and i had a horrible fight earlier i ended up having a break down and well i cut my hair super short i was letting it grow but yeah well.. i noticed something.. girls do that alot but why? alot my girlfriends when they go through a huge break up they like mess up something that the guy they use to be with liked.. lol.. i dont know just a thought..

?? what do you think??

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 5:54 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Cutting our hair is both a symbol of taking back what we have given to someone else, usually a man, and of being able to change the direction of our lives. And, it's something that we can do right at that moment.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 6:22 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• You had a huge break down or a huge break up? First you speak of yourself and then you speak of your friends. Perhaps you and your friends have mental instabilities.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Impulsive act in an attempt to take control over something! Thankfully, I am not at all impulsive....
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Not sure why women do that sort of thing. I havent ever done that nor have I known anyone to do such a thing. I do understand that if u were doing something for someone b/c they liked it then once u break up w/ them changing that thing. I know I was w/ someone once who didnt like make up so I stopped wearing it but once we were over I began doing the make up immediately after.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I cut my hair short right before my ex and I separated. I ended up actually liking my hair short, but wanting short hair had nothing to do with it. I also painted my living room purple. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I don't know women who do that. I find that to be a self-mutilating behavior. Do you usually do things to yourself that borders on mutilation? Why would you give anyone so much control over your life that you would mutilate yourself when it is over? This is disturbing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Cutting hair is a far cry from self-mutilation (I'm talking about a new hair style, not someone taking scissors to her head and randomly hacking away). It causes no pain and is an excellent venue for a harmless way to make a dramatic change. Sometimes women need to make a statement to themselves that they are entering a new chapter in their lives, and a new hair-cut can be exactly what works for them.

Besides, it's just hair. It'll grow back.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I have cut my hair in the past after a huge break up, but it was to symbolize a new chapter in my life. It can have a significant impact on how you feel about yourself.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:54 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• last summer me and dh had a HUGE fight and later that day i went and had 7 inches of my hair cut off. it was such a liberating experience and i came home and he was floored that i had short hair.

we got into another huge argument about a week ago and ever since he has been on the couch and i REALLY want to get my hair cut off again.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 9:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• hmm next store neighbor did it.her husband was coming home on leave and i know one of the things that attracted him to her was her hair.well something is going on.she chopped it all off to a short bob.and she also cut her daughters hair.now let me say she is african american and i think she thought she could keep this up.well she has to go to the hair dressers everyother day to get it straightened.and as for her daughter i am not even going to say what happened to hers...and she had beautiful long dark hair....my daughter is a hair dresser with very curly hair and i told her what was going to happen.oh well.
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2009