Does anyone have contact with thier ex?(besides the ones who have kids with exes)

i was online and my ex contacted me we talked until 4 am i needed some closure with him i kinda still have feelings for him can u be happily married and still have true feelings for an ex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• There is nothing wrong w/ that in my opinion. As long as u dont act on any feelings (such as cheating) then ur all set. Once in a while an ex (one in particular) will wander into my mind. We had a lot of fun chillin' out together however, he was the kind of guy u have a very serious relationship w/. Even though I am madly in love w/ my SO that I am w/ whom gives me butterflies in my stomach my ex can still make me weak in the knees. Because I know that he can make me weak in the knees I keep myself out of any situations that could lead to anything bad. I think we all have our little secrets such as this.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I believe that you can. It's been a long time since my divorce, and I divorced him because of his refusal to remain faithful, but I still think about, "what if". I have been remarried happily for the last 14 years, but, yea, I still have feelings for my first.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:22 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• NOOOO!! i dont think so. but i know some of my exes were friends and me and daughters father are getting a divorce. so i would think not. maybe??
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 7:22 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I am friends on myspace with a couple of exes, but it's nothing big. I still kind of have feelings for them every now and then, but I think it's more remembering how things were with them at one time and feeling that way again than actually still having feelings for them. I would never act on them, partly b/c I am seeing someone now, and partly b/c it's been so many years since we broke up that I just think we are too different now. And I think you always have a certain amount of feelings for someone you once loved and spent so much time with. Doesn't mean that you're not happy with who you're with or that there's anything wrong with you.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I ran into an ex at an event a few weeks ago. I didn't realize that there were any feelings left. I was also reminded of how much of an insensitive ass he is. While we were there he was making these awful faces at my DD (who I had with my SO several years after we split). We actually talked some things through and it brought me better closure. I think that you will always have something left no matter how awful they treated you.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My ex's, his ex's, their wives and husbands, and their kids are all our friends. Most of us grew up together.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Both my DH and I have regular contact with our exs. Our kids call his ex-wife Auntie, we get together with his ex-girlfriend and family, and have dinner with my ex-boyfriend and his family. I spoke to my ex husband occasionally until he moved out of the country.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:27 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I keep in touch with several of my ex's and DH doesn't have a problem with it. My ex husband and I still talk; he wasn't abusive or rude or anything, we just got married too young and were too good of friends to actually make it work. We are still good friends now and he is very supportive of my relationship with my DH. Its natural to have feelings still, but most I think will find over time it mellows to a good long term friendship rather than any true sparks!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2009