Do you believe in ghosts? Have you ever seen one?

Yes, I believe. I have never seen one though.

jdzc820

Asked by jdzc820 at 7:22 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, but I have told friends who say they have seen one to bring it in and let me talk to it. I just think that anything that always happens when people are alone can be explained in other ways. It is usually at night when people are tired. I just really feel it is our subconscience playing tricks on our conscience.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:31 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I'm not a huge believer in ghosts. We do, however, have "ghost kitty" in our house. Each one of the kids has seen her. In fact, my youngest, who had never met that cat (she died before I got pg w/him) will describe her perfectly and call her by name. We just see a mostly black cat dart in and out of certain places. I tend to see her where she used to sleep on our bathroom floor. DD sees her sleeping on her bed. Very creepy and interesting.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:47 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I used to live in a haunted house, where lots of people have expereinced strange things, such as black shadows moving (usually about eye level), and white blurs darting through the room at floor level. My grandfather wouldn't sleep upstairs because he said a woman would wake him up every night by touching him. My son saw an old lady sitting in the living room

My oldest son would also see people when he was younger. We live i a different house now, and he rarely goes into the basement, and always with someone else now because he says someone is down there. He says he has seen a man down there and he can hear someone whistling, but no one else can hear anything. We've been here for 6 yers now, and my son was 9 when we moved in. I ended up telling him that the guy was "Fred" and that he was homeless, so I let him sleep in the basement. He was ok with that for a couple of years, but now he is convinced that it is a ghost
    Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 9:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• YES! I do believe. When my Grandma died (I was 15) she came to me to tell me not to worry she was okay now and that she loved me. I was sleeping in the family room because I gave Grandpa my room that nite. I hadn't been laying down but a few minutes when out of the corner of my eye I saw a bright, bright white light enter the room and my Grandma was in that light, she was floating just above the floor. I'll never forget that as long as I live! Had I dozed off and it was just a figment of my imagination? Some might say that but I totally disagree. I had been so upset that I hadn't been let in to see her the last week or so that she was in the hospital (per her wishes that none of her grandkids see her that sick, I understand now why she felt this way but not then) and I was extremely upset about not getting to tell her that I loved her one more time. I had a wonderful peaceful feeling after I saw her that night.
    bagjmama

Answer by bagjmama at 9:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Also, my 2 youngest kids never had the chance to meet my DH's little sis (she was 13 years younger than him) who we were very close with. There is only a picture of her & my DH, at her grad nite party, on the wall. One day last year my then 3 yr old was in his room playing and I heard him just chattering away. He was talking as if he was answering someones questions. Finally he just sighed and said okay Jaclyn I will! It kinda gave me a chill but I just let it drop. Then one morning not too much later he was throwing a fit about brushing his teeth and all of a sudden he stopped and shook his head and said I will Jaclyn I will! He went from total fit mode to super calm and let me help him brush his teeth!! I really got the chills over that! Jaclyn liked to brush her teeth and was almost OCD about it. DH & I racked our brains trying to remember if we'd been talking about Jaclyn in front of Jake lately but we hadn't!
    bagjmama

Answer by bagjmama at 9:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• i live acroos the street from a field.it was night time i was looking out side and saw a man on a horse in a patriot uniform.i was matter of factly talking to my friend only to find out that she was a historian.after a little diggin she fould a picture and found out who he is.i guess he used to live down the street and the people who live in the house now see him all the time.there is also a street named after him.so i guess he is popular ghost where i live.it wasnt scary at all.he was just sitting there.
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 9:49 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I haven't seen one but I believe that there is one in my house. We seem to think that it's my husband's cousin who took his own life 4 years ago. The only place he felt comfortable was at our house. From time to time strange things will happen. Once DH couldn't find his cousin's one necklace and he ripped the house apart. We kept it in our bedroom on the 2nd floor. He found it in the bathroom on the 1st floor. Our baby boy use to always look up when he was younger as if he was watching someone also. To add to that I believe that my grandmothers have been there. I will smell strange things that I only use to smell at their houses. My twins were the twins that everyone was waiting for especially my paternal grandmother and I believe that she is there.
    twinmommy416

Answer by twinmommy416 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I'm a huge believer! I've seen so much weird, unexplainable things in my life that I can't help it. There's a cemetery in our town that I won't go near on certain nights.
    xCalliex

Answer by xCalliex at 11:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I've never seen a full body apparition but I have seen a black mass float down the hall into another room. I thought it was the shadow of one of my kids but I went to check and they were sound asleep. I've also experienced things in a local theatre.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:43 AM on Jul. 1, 2009