Will my over-sensitive, super clingy, extremely definant 3 year old ever be well ajusted?

He has been easy to over-stimulate from day one starting with colic. He freaks out if things don't go right for him the first time and is slightly OCD. He is extremely intelligent and can already sing songs and read books from memory, rationalize with me about why he can or can't do something and is very loving and affectionate and for the most part well behaved. But I was wondering if any other mothers with similar children had stories to share of how they turned out. I just need some encouraging words today as we have had 2 melt downs and its only 7:26 am...

missv66

Asked by missv66 at 7:26 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• THIS TOO SHALL PASS, I HAD TWO OF MY KIDS BE THIS WAY WHEN THEY WERE YOUNGER, THEY EVENTUALLY OUTGREW IT BUT NOW AS ADULTS WE HAVE AN UNBREAKABLE BOND, HANG IN THERE , HE WILL BE WELL ADJUSTED!

Answer by older at 7:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2009