My daughter went to Sea World the other day. She put on sunscreen. She is 8 years old. She came home in the late afternoon. The next day she woke up with this red, itchy rash on her face. SO I have been puting Hydrocortisone on it. Now iot is spreading down her neck , arms and back. What should I do?

crystalfalcone7

Asked by crystalfalcone7 at 7:34 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Health

• Bring her to the doctor about it..
    Sounds like a rash.

Answer by louise2 at 8:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Sun poisoning was the first thing that came to my mind.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:12 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Agreeing with Louise and Mom2twobabes, she needs to be checked by a doctor. It could be sun-related or other rashes, but she should be checked. Then you'll know for sure.

Answer by Bmat at 8:52 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• chickenpox?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• take her to the Dr. It could be something WAY more serious. Anytime a child has a rash that spreads quickly, it's time to see the DR asap!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• That happened to my boys and then I figured out it was the sunscreen.

I have to buy a particular sunscreen for them and they have to wash it off (shower before bed) or they wake up and have a spreading rash for the next two days...it takes that long for it to go away with Benedryl.

Check with the doctor, though.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Got to the dr, ASAP. Meanwhile you could give her children's Zyrtec.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Ty all for your help!! I took her to an urgent care doc over here, and they said it was from something in the sun screen. So they said to keep her covered when she goes in the sun. Ty all!
    crystalfalcone7

Answer by crystalfalcone7 at 7:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2009