Ringworm and pregnancy

i was around my friends kitten who we found out has ringworm, i noticed a small peas sized spot on me and treated it with lotrimin and it dried up and went away. two more spots have appeared. does anyone know any safe ways to get rid of ringworm and will ringworm cause a miscarriage? everything i read says it will not cause a miscarriage but some drugs can.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've only had ringworm when I wasn't pregnant so idk if its dangerous. I think you should call your doctor and see what they advise. I always use clear nail polish to make them go away fast but, once again, dont know if thats safe during pregnancy,
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 10:28 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• You're not going to miscarriage.

I had a weird breakout of hives very early on in my pregnancy and when they went away it left behind some sort of ring. When I went to the OB and showed him he said it looked like ringworm. He prescribed two lotions, one was like the lotrimin and the other had cortisone. After applying both, it went away a few weeks later and I'm now 36 weeks preggers.

Talk to your doctor, don't try any weird self remedies, and don't worry yourself too much.
    vanessa5470

Answer by vanessa5470 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 30, 2009