My daughter has leg and feet cramps and has had them her whole life for the most part. She is 5....I am getting concerned. Has anyone heard of this happening or know why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I hope you will or have brought her to the doctor about it.

Answer by louise2 at 8:06 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Is she getting enough potassium? I use to have leg cramps really bad as a child and when I went to the doctor about it he said that I am not getting enough potassium. Try that and in the mean time I would still take her to the doctor.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• What does the doctor say? If it's been going on for years, I would hope you've talked to the doctor about it by now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Yes, my son has this issue and I took him to a Sports Medicine doctor and he has Sever's Disease. It is where the bones and muscles develop at different times causing pain and stiffness in the feet, legs and hips. The only treatment is exercise (stretching) and Ibuprofen for pain. It could also just be growing pains.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• my dd will be 5 soonand she has the same problem my family dr says its just growing pains after i had her check for potassium and cancers
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:46 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Make sure that she drinks lots of water and eats a kiwi (more potassium than a banana and more vitamin C than orange juice; also lots of fiber) every day.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• It could be 3 most likely things. Not enough potassium, restless leg syndrome, or growing pains are the most likely causes.
    babymomma0306

Answer by babymomma0306 at 5:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2009