Is this normal/okay?

I'm 20 weeks preg with my first & I still haven't fully grasped the idea that I'm having a baby. I'm not unhappy about this, I'm starting to get so overly excited - we find out the sex next week!! BUT, i feel guilty, because I just haven't totally wrapped my head around this whole thing & I can't really picture myself as a mother & everytime I go to the Dr., I get terrified that they're going to tell me something happened & the baby died or something awful & I won't ever meet my baby. Am I going crazy or have other women felt like this?!

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 8:01 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't feel bad. I'm 38 weeks along with ym first, and I can see her body parts moving, and yet I still stop sometimes and go "i'm really about to have a child? Huh." It's hard for me to grasp for some personal reasons, but then other momen'ts i'm super excited. So don't worry, it appears from my personal experiance and others that it is totally normal. =) I looked forward to hearing my baby's heartbeat every time I went to the dr, untill I could feel her move on her own. Helped realize she was really there, for awhile. Good luck, Momma. =)
    Squeakette

Answer by Squeakette at 12:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• that is totally normal... some people feel comfortable straight away and some people dont feel like its happening untill a few months after the birth... Your excited and thats all that matters!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I am 15 weeks with my 3 child and still don't feel pg due to worried that I will have the dr tell me something happened. Eventhought I have two boys I have also had two mis c. and this time I am scared that I will go to the dr and find out something has happened. It does not mean that when you have the baby you won't be a good mother. Becaues the fact is you are showing sings of being a good mother already by worring about your baby. Be cautious and safe don't try to worrie to much. It is hard at times but next visit you find out boy or girl embrase that info and go shopping for the baby it will help. Good luck to you and your little one I am sure that you will be a great mom.
    mamagator

Answer by mamagator at 8:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Its normal, and for some, even after the baby is born there are times its hard to totally wrap your head around the fact you are a mother. I remember after my first was born, I would just sit and stare at her sometimes because it was soo hard to believe this little perfect person was really mine.
    The worries are normal too, its the mommy coming out in you :-)
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:59 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• im on my third baby and i still do that every time i go to L&D or my obs office, its normal..
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Yup, me too. I KNOW that I am pregnant, I KNOW that pregnancy usually ends in an infant....but I'm not too sure I believe this is happening :) He kicks all the time,
    MandiDueAug09

Answer by MandiDueAug09 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• so in like the 30 min that he's sleeping a day I get freaked that somethings wrong. I'm 35 weeks....so I'm pretty sure this is how it's gonna be until he gets here.
    MandiDueAug09

Answer by MandiDueAug09 at 11:49 AM on Jun. 30, 2009