intimacy and breastfeeding

i just recently stopped breastfeeding my baby and whenever my husband wants to give attention to my nipples/breasts, i feel so weird about it. it used to be pleasurable and now i have a different view. has anyone else felt like this and what can i do to get over it and view them as sensual again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I had a problem with it at frist. But I was overthinking it just try remembering how it felt before the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I had this same problem. Your not over thinking it. You just stopped using them for what they were intended for in the first place. It took me about 5-6 months to not feel too weird. It still do and it has been a while for me. Hang in there it will get better.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:35 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• its one of those 'mind over matter' things, if you just let yourself relax about it for few minutes, maybe you'll get sucked into the pleasure of the moment and forget why it bothered you in the first place. ("sucked into".... haha. sorry, im having an immature morning! lol) good luck , i hope you can figure it all out! :)
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 9:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My husband always played with my nipples the entire time I was breastfeeding. it's two very different emotions and feels completely different too. Occasionally, depending on the time of day, the baby would wake up hungry and my milk would come in and my husband would get an unexpected mouthful. lol It absolutely is a mind over matter thing.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I did feel that way for just a little bit. After you've been done breastfeeding for a while, you may enjoy it again. My nipples actually got more sensitive after breastfeeding, so now 5 years later after BF, i certainly LOVE it.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:31 AM on Jun. 30, 2009