do anyone know a infertility doctor who except medicaid i am looking for one i am in atlanta georgia union city area

sexylady35

Asked by sexylady35 at 8:31 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• In most cases infertility doctors don't except insurance. You have to pay out of pocket to see them. I would contact medicaid and to see if they have any on the list.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:33 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Infertility doctors will accept insurance...it's more the insurance companies won't cover the infertility doctors. We went through all that with insurance and all they would pay for was the diagnostic side of it. There were thousands of dollars out of pocket. I would hope Medicaid wouldn't pay for fertility services though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Most insurance companies will not pay for infertility treatments. I have a friend who is also trying to get pregnant and her insurance company only pays for the least expensive tests. I don't know your specific situation, but if you are on medicaid I don't think you should be trying to get pregnant. I totally understand the want to have a child but IMO you should wait until you can afford health insurance for you and your child. Medicaid is supposed to be used as a catch net in hard times, not as a comprehensive health insurance company. A child will only make it harder to get off state assistance.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 8:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Very few places take medicade, and an infertility specialist would probably NOT accept medicaid. Most insurance won't pay for infertility treatments anways
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• No. No infertility doctor will accept medicaid any time anywhere. And I also agree with katie23....
    IheartWyatt09

Answer by IheartWyatt09 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• what just b/c shes on MA she doesnt deserve to be happy? i know plenty of people who have kids on MA and they get preg just so they can keep it with out working.i have MA and im trying to get preg b/c my dh isnt getting any younger and by time we can afford r own insurence he'll be to old to have any more kids. y is it anytime someone mentiones they want to get preg and they happen to be on FS or MA people feel they have the rite to critize them?...grrr peple can be so dumb at time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Sweet heart, where are you getting this false information from? EVERY RE I have contacted (atleast in the big state of TX) accepts insurance. Thats how most ppl even can afford to PAY for fertility treatments! Aetna, BCBS and Cigna are some insurances that DO cover it under group insurers if your employer carries it.

With that said, Medicaid does not cover infertility. BUT it may pay for some tests that can diagnose problems. For example, if you are having heavy bleeding, your doctor may want to run tests for endo, which could be your conception issue. Obviously this is not a specific "fertility" treatment and can be covered by medicaid. Things directly related to infertility such as IVF, IUI and fertility medications are denied.
    Anonymous

• the above post, first paragraph was for "coala"
    Anonymous

• Medicaid does cover fertility specialists in a few situations.
    mkh615

Answer by mkh615 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2012

• Wow I was shocked at most of these responses. I sure hope you ladies dont walk outside when its raining with your noses up in the air....you may drown.

There are a few fertility specialists in Texas that actually do accept medicaid. I have a very expensive insurance and I still needed to apply for pregnancy medicaid to help cover the costs. I wanted to make sure I had plenty of coverage. In Texas all pregnant women qualify to insure they have a healthy pregnancy and birth.

To deny someone the joy of having a baby because you THINK they shouldnt have a baby until they can afford it? wow. No one can ever afford a baby, not in these times, my husband makes great money, but we still could use the extra insurance. I wouldnt judge someone ask for help until you know their circumstances.

I myself have to see a fertility specialist,. I have suffered four consecutive miscarriages, I also have medicaid as a second insurance
    wyattsmommy12

Answer by wyattsmommy12 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2012