BBT Charting Question...

I know this may sound like a stupid question, but im not getting it.
I am Charting and I dont understand why my temp shows on the basal thermonitor anything past .9 For example I am getting reading saying 98.16 98.40 etc..... how do i chart that on my paper? bc the highest it goes on my paper to chart is .9
On a regular thermonitor i am used to regular readings. this is my 1st time using a basal thermonitor.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You need to find a different chart. I'd google them and check out the numbers. I had the same issues. Most charts go by a typical average and your temps are lower. Good luck.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• It sounds like your chart uses only one digit after the decimal but your thermometer uses two, so you just need to round to one decimal place. 98.16 would round to 98.2 and 98.40 is the same as 98.4. .9 is the same as .90 NOT .09, which is how you seem to be understanding it. If you have a .91-.94, round to .9. If you have a .95-.99, round to the next whole number (so 98.99 would round to 99.0). No need to find a new chart or a new thermometer! HTH.
    PeaInMyPod

Answer by PeaInMyPod at 12:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• ok so i wondered the same thing
    why do you have to have a bbt therm for the two extra digits when charts only have the one digit after the decimal.?
    i thought i would have to round it up or down... but when i entered it into my online chart it just used the first digit...and this was on three different websites. it didn't round it up or down... so idk
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2009