hello LADIES! i have a question , i am almost 21 weeks pregnant and yesterday i wore a tight pants , but the tight band was below my belly , will that hurt the baby in any way??! i am worried!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your baby is so padded and protected in there- slightly tight pants wont do anything harm but to make you uncomfortable. :)
    besides, there's such a transition between regular pants and maternity pants... there will definitely be days when your clothes just dont fit!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 8:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Absolutely not. Your baby is so safe inside your belly right now, tight pants wont do anything to hurt it. I have known people to have been in near fatal car accidents and who have fallen on their belly or had some other trauma and the baby was just fine. Our bellies are almost like the inside of an army tank!
    IheartWyatt09

Answer by IheartWyatt09 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• no, it just supported it. The baby is fine

Answer by admckenzie at 11:06 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I have been wearing a back brace since week 20, and the brace actually fits under my belly ansd supports it, and it is a very strong brace (i have a mild case of spina bifada). The farther a long you are the less comfortable those pants will be (some my my under belly band pants are uncomfortable at 38 weeks) but it shouldn't hurt the baby. As your belly grows, I'd suggest trying on different styles of maternity pants. Don't be afraid of maternity clothes, some are really cute! None of us want to look like fat cows, so of course our clothes are designed to be cute, too. =)
    Squeakette

Answer by Squeakette at 12:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2009