Who else thinks the anonymous button should be taken off of CM??!?

I dont like the fact that cowards can just say something mean to someone and then hide in back of an anonymous button. does anyone else think this feature should be taken off?!?

Anonymous_J

Asked by Anonymous_J at 9:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I think it's good to have it for someone asking the question. Because some things are embarassing, and it kind of makes it easier. I agree though. It's really bad that adults can't be civil.
    MommyMeli07

Answer by MommyMeli07 at 9:19 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I think it should stay. Yes, sometimes it is used in a cowardly way, but overall, I think it is used more right than wrong. I do use it sometimes when I'm answering a question that is very personal. Sometimes I use it to ask questions too.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• What difference does it make? We are all anonymous regardless if we have pictures and names or not. Everything any of us have posted on here could be absolutely fake. And I've yet to run into a single person on this site that I know in the real world. So what difference does it make? It's a website, not reality.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I use it for questions of a very personal nature, not to hid and bash. I am glad it is there. If I feel like answering a question about sex etc then it is my right to remain anon. I agree with Chrissy629, everything you read here could be totally fake, even if the mom is not anon. What difference would it make really. I think cafemom admin put it there for questions of a personal nature, not with the idea that women would be calous and imature and bash one another. It is sad, but there are a lot of very judgemental women out there. Women who think their way is the only way, and all others are horrible parents. So if I want to answer a hot button issue like abortion, politics, or vax then I am glad it is there.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:35 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I don't mind it.
    If the option wasn't there then serious people wouldn't be able to answer or ask questions for fear of being attached with a label for whatever it is they stated or asked.
    Also, the Q&A section would probably become much slower with hardly any action to keep many people from having fun.
    I think the option should remain, even though I don't use it.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:35 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I like the Feature to be able to ask A question that is embarassing, gross or one you don't want your friends to know about! I don't like any mean Replies! I've seen them. I had some! I am sentimental, soft hearted & spirited so they hurt! But if someone gets any Help from asking or answering anon. I guess that out weighs the Bad!! I see the Mean ones as the ones that you knew in schools & in groups. Needing it to feel Better?? I always believe Nice Matters!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I have to admit it's very annoying. I do however like the anon button for when someone is asking for advice that borders on medical advice. I don't ever want to be liable for anything, so when I give advice about anything medical related or how to feed a baby, etc. I do use the anon button.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:47 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I personally like the anon option. I have been able to ask questions I would normally be too embarassed to ask under any other circumstances....and gotten them answered. It's a help to me.

There are some on CafeMom that use anonymity to say hurtful things, I realize this. But if being anonymous is helpful to other Moms then the good outweighs the bad.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 9:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I totally think it should be taken off!!!! Then again, I never use it. Most really rude answers come from anons because people are too afraid to say those things under their real names. If it were removed, with it would go a lot of the rudeness and criticism. Maybe it would be fine for ASKING questions....but not answers. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2009