Has ur toddler ever.....

All this rain up here in Maine that we have been having has made my DD into a not so active toddler! She used to beg to go outside at the crack of dawn, read books when indoors, & loved to run about the yard playing. Since we have been having so much rain for so long now making us stuck inside & since our car is broke down so we're stuck at home mostly she has now become intent w/ simply sitting on the couch in front of the tv. Once I realized she was zoneing at the tv more then I liked I have been turning it off a lot & still I'm finding that when I ask want to go outside she dosent want to & that she sits around on the floor/furniture really not careing to do much of anything! I get on the floor try to motivate her, etc but she really is not the same ol' toddler I knew just a little while ago. My ? is has ur child ever changed like this? Shes 18 mo is this just a stage or normal? Any insight on the situation would be great.

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 9:25 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• My son went through a stage like this around the age of 2. There are two other children close in age to play with and do planned activities with. He wanted nothing more than to lay around on his blanket, sometimes dozing off soon after he woke up. He is now very active again. I think it is just a stage some kids go through.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Probably a stage but at the same time, dont' give her the option. If you want to take her outside, take her outside. Take her to a park and walk around.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:31 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• my daughter did the same when it rained alot. she needs something new and fun to do to distract her from TV. take her outside, jump in puddles, make it fun. we put food coloring in puddles to change the color, we looked for worms, danced in the rain....
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 11:46 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Unless it is thundering or very cold, go for a walk in the rain! You can talk about what the birds and squirrels do in the rain, look for worms, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2009