Anything helps A Sore throat?

Sunday I had the Worst Migraine of the Year! (30 years of these). Any way The Nausaeu got the best of me! So As I'm throwing up...A Bad side effect of #10 Migraines! I have no meds. or way to see A DR. But I have A Awful Bad Sore throat!! What can Help????

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:34 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Health

• Honestly, the best thing for a sore throat is to gargle with salt water, Its nasty tasting, but it really does work
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Salt water gargle
    Basil leaves boiled in water - use as gargle or drink
    Spoonfull of honey
    water as hot as you can gargle with, and mix in 3 tsps of corn starch, and 7 drops of iodine
    boil lemonade and then drink it it
    drink hot grapefruit juice with honey in it
    lanceandhailey

Answer by lanceandhailey at 10:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• try asore thpoat spay and over conter migraine pills.
    madcat500

Answer by madcat500 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• For the sore throat: honey and cayenne.

I have been getting migraines since I was about 12. After many rounds of medications, neurological testing, etc, I accidentally discovered the relationship between foods and migraines. Have you ever kept a food diary? You may discover that certain foods trigger migraines: chocolate, nuts, artificial colors and flavors, vingear, MSG; the list goes on.

Have you tried to get an appointment with a social services agency who can direct you towards a clinic? If you are in Chicago, please contact me and I can direct you to a few. Many hospitals also have clinics.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:20 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• gargle salt water first, then gargle pure fresh lemon juice. The salt draws out the virus, & the lemon kills it. I have cured the most severe sore throats this way, & i have even cured my strep within 12 hours using this home remedy. You have to do it every hour though. Good luck.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• you can also make a mixture of honey & lemon if straight lemon is too harsh. Honey will also help soothe it.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2009