What is your favorite thing to cook?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I love to make breaded chicken breasts. If I'm feeling really ambitious I'll roll them up with mozzarella, spinach, and roasted peppers. Mmmm!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Lately salmon and asparagus with lots of fresh garlic! :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:37 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I love to make a beef stew. Browning the meat, chopping the veggies, mixing it all together, letting it simmer in the crock pot filling the house full of good smells, yummm!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I don't much like to cook. I'd say my favorite thing is what I call 'free" soup. I dump just about anything in my refrigerator into a pot, including bits of food from the freezer that I'd saved when there was just a little left, plus some canned foods too, to make a soup that is actually pretty good and hardly costs anything. Say I have leftover chicken, then I chop onions, toss in the rest of the produce that is in the refrigerator- carrots, celery, lettuce (even leftover salad including dressing), then anything in small portions from the freezer- that single serving or less of a casserole that I'd frozen, and so forth, and if it needs more flavor, then a can of soup, or a can of tomato soup, or of V-8, or chicken broth. Maybe a can of pork and beans or of kidney beans. Some rice, or noodles, or chopped spaghetti. Around holidays I'll put in the leftover cranberry sauce, and stuffing.

Answer by Bmat at 9:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• The above is my favorite thing to _cook_. As far as my favorite thing to eat that I cook, I'd say it is my lasagna, or my chocolate chip cake. :)

Answer by Bmat at 9:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Bmat- I can't help it, I've got the yucky face stuck on me o.O lol it sounds so gross, but I'm sure if you cook it a lot it must not be too bad!

OP- My favorite thing to cook is anything new! Or a recipe I have been trying to perfect for awhile. I recently made a chicken pot pie from scratch, and OH MAN it was delicious! Idk if it was so good because I worked so hard on it, or if it was just tasty lol.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Meatloaf! No two are ever alike because I vary the recipe each time.

I also love to make my cherry cheesecake from scratch. My family begs me to make one every now and then, but I do it when I'm in the mood because it takes a lot of time and effort. But it is so worth it when it is ready to eat - YUM!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:20 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I loooove cooking healthy vegetarian foods and then watching the reaction on my family's face when they realize it actually tastes good and is good for them. Last week I made vegan stuffed shells and my dad was ranting about how good they were and then when I told him that they were actually stuffed with tofu, not cheese. He was really shocked and requested that I make them again!
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• beckcorc that sounds amazing. Thanks for a fresh spin on an old favorite!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• At my house we will grill anything-even in the dead of winter (think Bill Cosby episode). Grilled salmon with zuchini, squash, and peppers with fresh corn can't be beat!
    Dorris1203

Answer by Dorris1203 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2009