How can I make cleaning my microwave easier?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I too put baking soda in the water, it kills odors. Let it come to a boil then let it sit with the door shut for about 5 minutes, most everything will wipe right off.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Microwave a bowl of water first. Then remove it (carefully!) and see how easy it is to wipe down the crusted up junk on the ceiling of the microwave! It works like a charm I swear!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I agree with the previous poster, heat a bowl of water
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Thanks for asking this! Thanks to the other people's answers, I'm gonna try that too. The glass though that is on the bottom and spins, I put in the dishwasher.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I would like to add that if you put a little bit of vinegar in the bowl of water, it does a really nice job.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 9:54 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• i just use srtaight vinager.... and a scrubbie pad to loosen up the tough stuff....

make sure you dont spill andy vinager on the plate or bottom of microwave though, cause it gets burnt on....
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I use a bowl of water and cut a lemon in quarters and put that in the water. It serves two purposes. One it helps eliminate odors. Two it helps prevent flash boil over. Remember to be careful about boiling water alone. In this case it isn't a big risk...but say you are heating water for a cup of cocoa. Adding anything directly into the water that has just comes out of the microwave can cause it to flash boil.

http://www.starburst2005.com/microwaving_water.html

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• A bit of lemon juice in a bowl of water. Heat it til it steams. then wipe out the inside with a cloth.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I put baking soda in the water. Let it boil in the microwave for a few minutes, and everthing will come right off.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:12 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I always go with the microwaving a bowl of water trick. It really loosens everything up.
    catmiller520

Answer by catmiller520 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2009