Heat and Newborn Babies?

Ok so I'm due in the middle of July and my ac in my car just stopped working. I'm wondering how bad would it be to take the baby home in my car or should I try to arrange to have other transportation? I live about 15-20 min from the hospital and the heat here is around 90 degrees (TN). Is this dangerous? Should I be worried?

Emuu

Asked by Emuu at 9:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you live close to the hospital then just make sure you dress the baby in light weight clothing and keep the widows on the car cracked, have some one sit in the back and make sure there isn't to much wind on the baby when the car is moving. My sister took all of her kids home in a car with no ac in TN with it being very hot and humid, just don't spend to much time in the car and make sure that when you get home your ac isn't set to low you don't want the baby to get a chill coming in from the heat so set it higher then you normally would then you can slowly turn the temp down as the day goes on. Good luck!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 10:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• get one of thoes car fans and make
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Why don't you try to fix your ac?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• i assume that you can't get the a/c fixed because of the expense - I, personally, would ask a friend to drive us home if I were you...I would just worry that it might rain and be muggy and leaving a window down wouldn't be an option... I'm sure your baby won't be hurt by the heat for 15 mins but I'm sure it would be more comfortable in a car with a/c... good luck and congrats on your baby!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2009