My baby wants to touch my nipples....

For a week or so he started touching my nipples after I breast feeding him. He smiles and wants to touch them so gently. But my husband doesn’t like it. He says don’t let him touch you. Did happened to you too? Is this normal? (he is 10 month old)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son did too at around the same age. I didn't mind
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:19 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• They are just exploring and learning their surroundings. A big part of their surrounding right now happens to be you! I don't see the big deal in it and I think he's maybe taking it the wrong way. Maybe you could find an article or a book or something to help explain to him its not a taboo thing at all for the baby to be doing this?
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 10:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Nothing wrong with it. It's his food :)
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 11:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• if your baby were 17 i would say you have a problem. its a baby, thats what they do. tell your ol man to bug off and take a chill pill.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:04 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• my son did that too when he was that age i think its a form of comfort for them when they are nurseing because my daughter does that too shes 6 months.
    BiancaStaton

Answer by BiancaStaton at 12:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• my lil girl tried every now and then i let her touch for a sec then to ditract her attention else were.i wouldnt let him do that for to long it may become a habit
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Somewhere I read that when a baby does touch or pinch your nipples while nursing, they are trying to make more milk. It is not like you are not breastfeeding your son and just have your shirt open to be inappropriate. I don't see any difference from this than playing with gold fish snack crackers later in life.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Sorry. Not make more milk, but encourage let down.
    bluelady27

• It's normal, and I don't think of it as weird. Babies are so pure and innocent, how could it be anything sexual?
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2009