Do you judge when you see a woman who is pregnant and unwed?

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am an unwed mother, but the father and I are in a relationship. I love him, but I don't think I want to get married. I wanted to have a child with him, but marriage wasn't something I just absolutely desired to do. We love each other, but I don't think we need to have a wedding to validate it. He wants to get married, but if I do marry him, I want to wait. (He wants to get married as soon as possible.) We've been together for three years. I don't see why we can't wait another 3 to tie the knot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Not anymore than a woman who's married. Divorce happens too quickly. Doesn't seem that it really matters anymore.

Hoowwwwever, I do get a little antsy when I see a woman (married or not) having consecutive single births without any solid financial means of support.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 10:33 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• no, and how do i know shes not married if i don't know her? when i was pregnant my wedding bands didn't fit or they bothered me so i didn't wear them half the time. and now still i have to take them off at night since my first pregnancy so i may forget to put them on in the morning and run to the store w/the kids w/o them on, i'm sure there are plenty of other women with the same problem so who's to say just b/c you see a woman w/o a band she isn't married?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Nope. I got pregnant out of wedlock. I am not married to the dad, but who am I to judge. I would be a hypocrite.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:52 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I agree with PP. I'm married and my wedding rings won't fit due to the heat and swelling from pregnancy. I wear them on a chain around my neck but its long and you can't see them. I've actually had women comment on how "sad" it is to see an unmarried pregnant woman.. right in front of me! I was appalled that anyone could be so condescending and rude, especially since they did not know me! I don't ever make assumptions about pregnant women like that, and really could care less if they are married or divorced or single. What business is it of mine?
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 10:53 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• No, I do not judge!
    lynnsl

Answer by lynnsl at 10:54 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• This doesn't make sense. How do you know a pregnant woman is not married? Oh because she doesn't wear a ring? WRONG. There are plenty of married couples who do not wear a ring!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• no i dont judge because you never know what happen in her life

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Nope..not at all!!!
    im happily unmarried
    Mamii2Be

Answer by Mamii2Be at 11:19 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• No, why do you need to be married to have a baby? I see no tie between the two. My mother forced us to get married because I was pregnant. That was the stupidest thing ever! We had to do it anyway because he needed to have the power to make my medical disitions, but in a case where the womans next of kin can be trusted to have her interests at heart and not their own I don't see why anyone would feel they have to be married just to have kids.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2009