any adviced?????

any adviced for a cafemom thats trying to get pregnant is it better to do it on yr period any certain sex postion etc please get back thx

heidianna

Asked by heidianna at 10:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Normally, a woman is most fertile when she ovulates which is 14 days after the start of her period. There is typically a 2-3 day window at that time. Unless your cycle is off, you probably won't conceive on your period. It *can* happen, but it isn't your most fertile time. There aren't really any positions that guarantee pregnancy. Assuming you & your DH/SO are healthy, his sperm should be strong enough to fertilize your egg whatever position you are in. That being said, sometimes it can help if you are in missionary position & stay there for a few minutes after he finishes as the theory is that the sperm have an easier path to travel. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I don't think you're fertile during your period. I think right after my period was when I got pregnant with my second child. After sex, I always laid there for a long time before getting up so no sperm would come out. You definitely don't want to go to the bathroom right after sex.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• its about 12-14 days before your next period... that time is called the luteal phase.
    oh there is so much more that i cant get into right now. join a ttc group on here.
    Anonymous