how do I find a scam-free job working from home?

I am a single mom and work very long hours. I want to find a job that I can I do from home. Does anyone know of jibs that are out there and how do I find them?

blessedmom403

Asked by blessedmom403 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 11:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• GO to www.Sabrinas-Closet.info and look at the Work @ Home Jobs page. I have a list there. All are legit!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:12 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I found some really good ones, and some really bad ones. So, since you’re looking, it’s free, you have nothing to lose, you should go to http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• At www.PajamaProfessor.com they teach you for free how to work for yourself from home.
    PupsKitty

Answer by PupsKitty at 12:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Try starting your own home business. You're better off in the long run and know you have support from the company.. I work as an Avon Unit Leader and have a lot of success and seen real results and profits coming in since day one. Its only $20 to start just go to www.start.youravon.com and use reference code dhullum You'll get a start up kit and if you sign up before Saturday you'll get your webstore for free for four campaigns. Its a lot of fun and you probably know plenty of great customers already! GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 4:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I am a work at home mom and I love this company and everything that they stand for and i stand behind and support them 110%! This was about the only company that you did not have to pay alot up front and that was legitimate!! I have a two year old son that has to have 20+ surgeries over the course of his growing-years so it was important that I had something to do at home. I am soooo glad that I came across this company and I am trying to tell the world about them!!! It was the best decision I have made for my family!! For more information e mail me at nakoal87@aol.com or go to my website for more information on how to contact me to find out more www.workathomeunited.com/heathers
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Personally I would look for a business if I were you. Since you work so much already you need flexibility of being your own boss. In the long run a business is going to give you much more earning potential than a job.  A lot of the time it give you residual income. I have been more than impressed with a company called Efusjon. Here is a video that will explain everything. http://www.efusjonenergyclub.com/flv/fulllength.html let me know if you have questions or want to get involved.

zipitty

Answer by zipitty at 4:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2009