Potty Training.

My son is almost 20 months old, and has been showing signs of being interested in the potty. He can tell me when he pee's or poo's, but AFTER he's already done them. If I take him to the potty in 20 minute intervals, he will pee, but has only poo'd once. Any advice? Tips'n'tricks?

MommyMeli07

Asked by MommyMeli07 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just keep taking him at set intervals. He'll figure them both out in his own time.

Recognizing the "I've got to go" feeling is different than recognizing the "ewwww... my pants feel yucky" feeling. Potty training involves a child learning many things and they don't master them all at once. This is the first complex thing your child has set out to learn on purpose. It will take time, with many pauses, bumps, and back-tracking before it is completely mastered. Patience on your part is key.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2009