What is the most successful way to loose 25 lbs?

Hi, I am looking for good ideas to put with my exercise to loose weight. I have one 2 year old(in sept) and I really want to look great for her birthday!

Sophimom

Asked by Sophimom at 11:04 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Diet & Fitness.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• yep, count calories & exercise. Walk at least 30 min every day. Don't go over your calorie limit. You can count calories easily at caloriecount.com,or something like that. It worked pretty good for me, but a pen & paper worked best because i am not always at a computer.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:10 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I lost 21 pounds by eatting
    Low carb
    Low sugar...

I do not count calories nor do I count fat.

I work out 1 hour 4 times a week..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:12 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• lol, cutting carbs & sugar will def. do it....but i sure do love my carbs & sugar! That would be a hard separation for me.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:25 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• The begining it was hard..
    It now is a way of life..

I was a carb whore...lol...

It is so much better living your life not having to count calories or FAT!!

good luck
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I would start with simple changes.
    Walk, or do other execise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day
    Replace meat and dairy with bean, lentils and tofu (all loaded with calcium and iron). Be sure to eat a vitamin C source with an iron source (like kale or beans) to increase the absorption of the iron.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:35 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I'm a believer in Richard Simmons! It's real people in real situations.
    I've got all 4 of his oldies and they are just the ticket when I would want to skip biking due to weather, or don't feel like going to the gym.
    His recipes taste good and include deserts.
    Another thing that helps me is the site http://www.nutridiary.com
    it keeps track of your diet and exercise.
    You can list food that you like (or use their search engine) and just click on them when you eat them.
    One part I like is that if I know that we're going out for ice cream, It will easily calculate how much more exercise I'll need to do to make it guilt free.
    If I had to write down and calculate every time I ate something I'd cheat or drop the diet all together.
    Another plus is that for exercise it lets you count things like playing with a child, washing dishes (even it if was just for 5 minutes), and sex counts too! :) Feel free to email me to share!
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 11:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Do you drink alot of soda, juice, or sweet tea??? I was addicted to coke cola. I cut that out and started drinking unsweet tea with spenda or coke zero. I lost 17 in 6 months just doing that. I definatly would have lost more if I excersied and didn't eat as much junk food.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2009