Sex drive change from exercising

I've been Ill for a while with lots of bed rest and just started my exercise program again. It seems that a previous problem has resurfaced. I've heard so many women claim that exercising made them crave more sex, since they felt great about their bodies. It always seems that when I follow my exercise program my libido decreases; whether I feel better about my body or not. Seems that I'm not craving the adrenaline rush from sex since I already had it from exercise. Yet when I was on bed rest eating pretty much what I wanted, my sexual appetite was normal for me or higher. The more fat I eat the more sex I want. I think more so when I eat good fat- Like Olive oil.
I don't need another excuse to not exercise since my health depends on being fit!
Seems my husband's exercise has brought down my his drive too-
Has anyone else had this happen? I'd welcome insight and suggestions-

LadyAronna

Asked by LadyAronna at 11:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I could be wrong, but I think that estrogen is fat soluble, and if this is so, it is why your drive increased with eating fatty foods. I haven't found that other than being more tired both physically and mentally that drives decreased. Now that you have resumed your regular life, you may be under much more stress, which would slow things down. You may want to ask your gyn about the drive problem.

Answer by Bmat at 11:33 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I'm hoping it will balance out- it has in the past, but never did I have the drive while exercising as I did when I ate a diet high in fat. think you may be right about the estrogen.
    I don't think that being tired is the problem (unless it's right after the gym)- after being Ill for so long and being weak, I got very clever on ways to have good sex when you feel less than perfect. :)
    I think for now I'll just give it a little time, but I am interested in hearing from others about it.
    thanks!
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 12:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I've experienced this to a certain degree too. For me though, I think the more time I devote to exercise the less time I have to devote to everything else, so I wind up spending my day rushing around to get everything and I feel pressured all day long. By the time DH and I have 'alone time' we're both exhausted from enduring such hectic lifestyles. That said, when I've finally managed to make significant changes to my physique and I take the time to notice them, I find myself feeling incredibly sexy and ready to show off the fruits of my labor to my husband, much to his pleasure.
    Intrepid

Answer by Intrepid at 12:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• As you are on the verge of discovering, eating animal products dampens your libido. Eating a diet full of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes and (of course) good fats will keep your whole family healthier. Summer is such a great time to commit to eating healthy, with the abundance of produce at the farmers markets.
    If you would like some tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly recipes, feel free to contact me.
    You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html

Answer by rkoloms at 3:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2009