Anyone know anything about how to get a cheap divorce?

Huggz45

Asked by Huggz45 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Go to the library and print off the pages you need yourself. My friend did that for her divorce.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• If you have children by that husband or own property with him you cannot do your own divorce. Go to legal aid.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:35 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• or you can go to your courthouse & go to the family planning office or whatever they call it in your court & they will give you all the papers you need. It cost me $80 to file them though, but that is STILL a lot cheaper than getting a lawyer. It also helps if you both agree on everything. If you dis-agree on certain important issues, then that makes the process much harder.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Actually Admckenzie, that is exactly what i did when i got divorced. We had not lawyers or a legal aid & filled out our own paper work. We both went in together to do the child support worksheet. W/ no legal aid, & no lawyers, i got divorced & we had a child. So it is very possible. I know, because that is EXACTLY what i did. BUT, like i said, you have to agree to everything. Luckily, my ex & i agrees about everything & we worked out together the things we did not agree on. Bot most people divorcing are not that friendly we my ex & i were.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• You can buy divorce packets. They are usually sold at book stores. Call around.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2009