is it ok my son is sleeping alot more?

My son is just about 6 months old and he has never slept alot, never napped good and never slept as much as all the books say he should. But the last 4 days he's been sleeping alot more during the day and a little more at night. My DH is worried but i think its normal. So i was wondering if this happened to anyone or if you think i should be worried?

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it's fine, but that's just my opinion. I remember when my son was 5-6 months he would only take mini naps -- like 20 minute cat naps 2-3 times a day. Then at around 7 months he started taking 2 hour naps twice a day, and at 10 months still is.
    Once they start moving more, I think they just get tired and start sleeping better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• They will sleep alot more when they go through growth spurts. You may also notice that he may be eating more, or that he may be more irritable if he has growing pains. Two of my kids have suffered growing pains all their lives (they are 12 and 5 now). But sleeping more is a very common occurrence when they go through growth spurt. If you are concerned, or hubby wants peace of mind, ask your pediatrician.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2009