On a scale from 1 - 10 how bad was your pregnancy?

1 being - "It was a breeze, i barely noticed"
5 being - "It was ok, i got the good and the bad but nothing i couldn;t deal with"
10 being - "I will never get pregnant again, it was the worst time of my life"

And of course all variations in between.

Mine is a 10. When two doctors, a midwife and all the nurses say you have had it rough. YOU have had it rough. Severe sickness, non-stop agony, GD, SPD, swollen everything and breathing problems.

This will be my first and LAST.

mum-to-be-at-18

Asked by mum-to-be-at-18 at 11:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• umm i would say a 1 besides the morning sickness
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• oh mine goes up and down the scale on a daily basis lol. im definately not one of those women that looooved being pregnant and all of its 'miricles' lol but ive definately had it a lot better than a lot of women. dont worry itll be over soon and it will all be worth every second, i promise! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 11:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• i loved being pregnant and i miss it so much.. besides having a little morning sickness in the beginning, it was a wonderful experience.
    but my mother and her mother and so on and so on have always had very easy pregnancies and delivieries so i guess i just got lucky in the pregnancy gene department. lol.
    i have lots of sympathy for all the not so lucky ones out there though!
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 12:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My first was a 1; I would never have known I was pregnant if I hadn't been charting, and other than that the only "symptoms" I got were in the third trimester - a stomach the size of a beach ball and non-stop hunger. My second was about a 5; I had morning sickness for a couple of months followed by a couple of months of no appetite, and the aches and pains were a lot worse than with my first even though I was half the size (but that could've been because I was running around after an active toddler on top of being pregnant).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Mine was an 8 just because I didn't have all of the late term pregnancy complications. As for how much I HATED being pregnant- 10.
    Anonymous

• I'd say a 3. I really didn't have any major issues, never had morning sickness - just felt sick for a week or so... - only gained 30lbs - 15 of which I've lost already (my baby is 5 weeks old)... labor wasn't fun - 14 hours of labor and ended up with a c-section, but there weren't any scary complications or anything.
    I'm not someone who LOVED being pregnant, but I did think is was pretty cool most of the time. The last few weeks I got uncomfortable though, and my dd was 10 days late - so it got old at that point!
    I'm so sorry you had a rough time, I am also not planning on another one. I'm so thankful that my pregnancy was good and that my daughter is healthy that I see no reason to do it again!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Being pregnant was such a joy. It was only towards the end of the pregnancy that I started to have some major discomfort. The birth was even better b/c I barely felt anything. It took over 4 hours of actual pushing because I was completely numb from the waist down.
    maggiesmom415

Answer by maggiesmom415 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• 1-- up until around 37 wks. when my girl turned breech and I felt her head in my ribs all day long. Not to mention that my birth was like a damn horror show. I had to have a c-section, the c-section go infected, I was hospitalized. It was horrible, but my pregnancy was a breeze. Never threw up, no breast tenderness, nothing. I worked full-time up until 1 week prior to my labor and that was only b/c I was hospitalized due to a failed version!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My first pregnancy sucked, but it wasn't as bad as my second. I know it could have been worse - it's not like I was on bedrest or had preterm labor or diabetes, etc - but for me, my second was 9-10 crappy. I was giving myself shots twice a day, seeing specialists and getting blood taken constantly. It was awful. And I'm glad he was my last baby!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I had horrible morning sickness and during the last 2mos I felt like I could cough up a foot. I know that many have had it much worse so I'm gonna say a 4.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2009