how the heck to I wash our blanket?!

The tag says to use a front loading washing machine, but I have the kind where it is on top. I don't know anyone who has a front loading washing machine, and it really needs to be washed!

BillmanWife

Asked by BillmanWife at 11:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Take it to a laundromat that has front load washers.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I put mine in my topload washer and wash it on the delicate cycle and never had any problems.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I'd wash it anyway. What's so special about it that it has to be in a front loader? Is it extremely delicate that an agitator will tear it.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• The only plus to the front loaders is that you can typically fit a larger blanket in them. They don't have the agitator in the middle where the blanket can get wrapped around. I think you just need to make sure you are around when you wash it in case your washer gets out of balance. You'll just need to open it up and unwrap the blanket from the agitator.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I'd just use the top loader but make sure you put the detergent in the water before you put the blanket in

Answer by admckenzie at 6:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I'd take it to the laundry mat. They usually have extra large front loaders there. It's sort of a pain, but I think it's the best way. If it's really big and fluffy it could get stuck on the agitator and ruin your washing machine.

If you fill the washing machine with water and detergent and then try to stuff a great big comforter into it you could end up flooding the machine. The volume of the comforter is a greater than your average load of laundry. Be careful if you try that!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2009