C-Section may change newborn's DNA?

Opinions?

http://politiken.dk/newsinenglish/article742599.ece

_Jynxx_

Asked by _Jynxx_ at 11:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• lol bs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I agree wit canadianmom1974. I doubt that the method of birth has the capability to change your DNA.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:49 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• What a large sample, 37 babies, that must mean it's true. I agree BS.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:49 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Just curious about general opinions. There isn't nearly enough information from the study for me to form a reasonable opinion: I don't have a degree in any form of medical science, genetics, etc, so I personally don't have an opinion either way. I just thought it was interesting.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 11:52 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Okay, after reading the article, I would have to wonder how many of the children that they say DNA changed also experienced complications from delivery / birth? At first I didn't understand your question (I thought DNA was determined when egg and sperm meet), but after reading the article it just states that C-sec. babies are more susceptible for autoimmune diseases. My belief is that much more than the method of delivery determines the long term health of a child. JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I agree with QuinnMae...its more then how they were delivered that determines all of that.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I may have worded the question inaccurately. I wrote it based on the heading that was sent to me, and I should have been more specific. Sorry about that!
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 12:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• DNA is DNA it can't be changed by a c-section.
    Gwynyth

Answer by Gwynyth at 12:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Isn't the DNA already in place when they were growing??? How is a method of delivery going to change that? BS
    Anonymous

• I thought the DNA was in place from the beginning.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2009