Does anyone buy Sundays papers that dont sell in stores and such ( for coupons)

I was wondering what or maybe who I would need to request when calling the newspaper office for something like this?? I heard of people doing this but dont know the proper step in going about this?

SweetKYmom

Asked by SweetKYmom at 12:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• honestly i have found myself buying the sunday paper for the wide selection on baby related products and cosmetics since i am expecting my first child 8.24! however i find picking them up at the local gas stations early monday morning at a discounted price the way to go. but if you happen to go to the newspaper office like where i live in a small town. they will give the ones in office to you that were sent back for free. most of the time they keep a few for archives, but others will be recycled and another newspaper printed. that's just how they do it here sometimes. but try calling and speaking with someone.
    pink_callalily

Answer by pink_callalily at 1:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Most stores are selling the Sunday paper all week long now. At Wal-Mart and Walgreens you can buy the Sunday paper on TUESDAY and beyond for 38 cents. So for 38 cents I know that i will be using at least one coupon that makes it worth my while.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I know in our area when I've asked about this I've been told that left over Buffalo News Sunday editions are returned for credit and recycled, they aren't allowed to give or sell them at a discount (or just give or sell the coupon seciton) papers have to be complete to get credit.

If there are specific coupons in the paper that you want more of perhaps try a local coupon swap, the library (ours has a coupon bin, bring some take some policy) or even eBay! When I had the need for huggies diapers I'd buy packs of 10+ couponds for about $1 plus the cost of a stamp!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2009