If your relative/friend was secretly dating a married man, would you allow her to bring him to your home?

Would you allow your relative or friend to bring her married bf over for dinner? Or to stay with you for a weekend, etc?
I am not talking about if she was dating someone who was separated from the spouse with intention to get a divorce. I'm talking about someone with whom she was carring on an affair that the spouse didn't know about, whether the relationship with the spouse was bad or good.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Absolutely not!
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• No way. And if she is asking you to do that she's not a good friend because she's putting you in a very awkward position and getting you in the middle of it. Not cool, not going to fly at my house!
    Anonymous

• If she's bringing him to my home she sucks at keeping a secret, and should be reminded of that. If she expects to keep her screwing around a secret, she should stick to hotel rooms and parking lots where other innocent people don't get dragged into her drama.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I would not be comfortable with it at all, and I would make it very known to her how I felt about it.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• no. in fact ive had to deal with this. a former good guy friend of mine was "dating" a married woman whose husband was in Iraq. he knew it was wrong, but did it anyways. he got mad at me when i told him i didnt want meet her or have anything to do with her. it got worse when i told him that his actions were even worse b/c the person he was really screwing (ha) was the person committed to protecting this country.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I sure would. I see nothing wrong with what she is doing. I see something wrong with what HE is doing. And that is none of my business. I think there is a big difference between dating a man you love and cheating on your wife. She isn't cheating, he is. Why should I punish her?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I would not let them spend the weekend or stay the night at my house, but if I was having a gathering I would not stop her from brining who she saw fit. I would not however let them use my house to have relations in, but that goes for any couple. I have children and I really do not need any one using my house for a love shack.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• No.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 12:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• No.
    and i (surprisingly) disagree with Sabrina.
    It takes 2 to do the wrong doing. If she had no clue he was married that would be something else. But if she knows then she is not only allowing it to happen but she is participating in it. She is an accomplice. Which does not make it any better or easier to forgive in my eyes.
    There is a big difference between dating a man that you love. And dating a man that you love who is married.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• No I would not be comfortable with that. I hate when people keep that information from the spouse being lied to & wouldn't want to be party to that.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2009