Do you let other kids use your child's potty?

I am potty training my dd and this past weekend we had friends visit that have a little boy a few months younger than our dd. Without asking or anything, they took the little boy into our bedroom and let him poop into dd's potty. (they also did not empty it and when I asked them to they emptied it into our kitchen sink! YUCK!!!)

We've made a big deal about this being dd's special potty and it kinda upset me. DH thinks that it is okay for other kids to use her potty. I am wondering if it is sanitary?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• It's no different than letting the parents use your toilet. Now having said that, they should have asked, emptied it in the toilet and offered to clean it. But the fact that they used it is no big deal to me.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Use some Lysol and try to get over it. At that age it is more appropriate to teach your child to share then it is to teach her to hog her possession to herself.
    Now the emptying it in the kitchen sink is NASTY. I would have told them that it goes in the toilet.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• It's no more or less sanitary than having multiple people use a toilet. I would have been disgusted that they didn't dispose of the child's waste properly and would not let that particular child use the potty chair again, but as a whole if there was another potty training child at my house I wouldn't care if they used DS's potty.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I would be really pissed. I would have let them if they had asked, but they should of had the decency to flush and clean it.

Why didn't they just hold him on the big potty?!?
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I was ok until you mentioned that they left it and when they did dump it, it was in the kitchen sink....using it if they are in your house is one thing, but, the other stuff is just yuck.
    Anonymous

• "I was ok until you mentioned that they left it and when they did dump it, it was in the kitchen sink....using it if they are in your house is one thing, but, the other stuff is just yuck."

Ditto
    Anonymous

• was ok until you mentioned that they left it and when they did dump it, it was in the kitchen sink....using it if they are in your house is one thing, but, the other stuff is just yuck."

Ditto

Double Ditto.

What made them think that the Kitchen sink is the place to put that?

When DD used her own potty she (with supervision) dumped her own potty. When she had an accident she also cleaned it up (with help and supervision of course).
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• They should have dumped it and cleaned it up, but other than that...what's the issue? It's a potty. Do each of you have your own toilet?
    Anonymous