• In the Spotlight:

what are some good ideas for getting a 2 year old out of the habit of sleeping in my bed?!?

he has ever since he was born and ive been a single mom most of the time so i let him sleep with me, plus we have had to share a room and it was just easier because he wouldnt go to sleep if he was in his own bed. my question is im getting married in 6 weeks and me and my fiance and my son are moving to a bigger place and my son will have his own room, but he has never really had to sleep without me before, what are some tips or tricks that have worked for you? im worried this is going to be a battle, and im 4 months pregnant with my second so this should be intiresting!

bradynsmom222

Asked by bradynsmom222 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter always slept with me because it was the only way she'd sleep! When she was close to 2, I was 5 months pregnant with my son, so I needed to get her out of my bed! I did what Super Nanny said to do: just put her in her own bed and say good-night, I love you, kisses and hugs, and walk out (even if she screams and cries!). Every time she gets back up, just keep putting her back over and over again and each time just say good-night, it's bed time and walk back out. I did this with my daughter for about 4-5 nights with her screaming and crying, but she finally realized that it wasn't so bad and that she needed to stay in her own bed. Now she sleeps in her bed all night, every night, and goes to bed very easy for me! Hope this helps!
    cramer_mommy88

Answer by cramer_mommy88 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• try laying with him in his own bed until he goes to sleep, then quietly sneak out...
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 2:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2009