I just found out I have to have all my teeth pulled and get dentures. Are there any moms out there who ave gone through this? What am I in for? I'm scared to death!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Health

• I haven't but my husband did. They will make an appointment and have you put to sleep, they will pull all your teeth and before you wake up they should put in the dentures for them to fit properly. Then they will have you go back in the next day for them to remove the dentures so they can put in the soft lining and make sure your stitches are healing properly. You will need a liscenced driver there to pick you up because you most likely won't remember anything for a while. They will give you pain meds to help. My husband had 22 teeth pulled at once and he sid it hurt worse than anything he has ever felt (sorry but you might wanna know that) but once they healed and the pain subsided he was much better. Before he got them pulled he wanted someone to put him out of his misery because they hurt so bad, so it was beter after. Hope this helps, you can PM me if you have anymore questions. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I was 25 w/ two kids. it's not fun but hopefully you'll feel its worth it.

i'd reccommend not having your kids for 48 hours or so. you'll be SO swollen... a mess... and popping pain pills like you wouldnt even believe. made SURE u hit the grocery store and get:

applesauce in different flavors, lots
    yogurt, same
    pudding
    pasta roni
    rice a roni....
    flavor and some calories anything really with minimal chewing. soups and chowders.

your palate will be mainly covered.... food will taste SO different. much less appealing, sadly.

sleep as much as you can and ICE ICE ICE ICE ICE.
    PS if the pain gets SO bad you want to literally die, u have 2 choices. goto the ER and be sedated. and #2 (what i did) take the dentures out. you arent supposed to in the 1st however long, 5 days or whatever. but it'll release the IMMENSE pressure and allow you to ice it and rinse it and manage the pain better prepare for
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Aug. 28, 2009