Why do most Gay Men act like Women and Lesbians act like Men???

I know it's really none of my business but I have always wondered why if a Gay Man likes Men why would he want a Man that's feminine if he doesn't like Women??? And same goes for a Lesbian, why would she want a butch Man if she doesn't like Men??? And I know it doesn't go that way 100% of the time but more times that I see than not. And if they want someone to be the dominant one than what's the point of being Gay??? Please no bashing, maybe if some of us that don't understand it will gain more knowlege.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THAT MOST GAY MEN ARE MACHO MEN THAT WEIGHT LIFT AND TOTALLY LOOK LIKE HUNKS! AND THERE ARE A LOT OF LIPSTICK LESBIANS THAT ARE MORE FEMENINE THAN MOST. BEING DOMINANT DOES NOT PLAY A ROLE IN A GAY RELATIONSHIP, THEY ARE PARTNERS 100%. YOU JUST NOTICE MORE THE FEMENINE MEN AND THE MASCULINE GIRLS, ONLY BECAUSE THEY STAND OUT.

Answer by older at 12:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• because they are obviously not 100% right in the head...
    Anonymous

• stereotype much????
    Anonymous

• Because you are an ignoramus. What kind of question is this?
    Anonymous

• Because it's a disorder.
    Anonymous

• Wow, stereotyping much?

It has nothing to do with sexual preference. Some people have dominant personalities. Some have submissive- aka, one will take charge, the other will follow. Dominancy is still seen as masculine. Submissiveness is seen as feminine due to gender stereotyping in the past, and it has nothing to do with sexual preference. Two dominant personalities will clash with each other when each wants to be the one in charge, so a dominant will seek out a submissive so that they will both be happy. Sexuality has nothing to do with that.
    Anonymous

• stereotype much????

Oh, please like everyone doesn't have this stereotype. And like you don't see it enough to give the stereotype legitimacy.
    Anonymous

• It has nothing to do with sexual preference. Some people have dominant personalities. Some have submissive- aka, one will take charge, the other will follow. Dominancy is still seen as masculine. Submissiveness is seen as feminine due to gender stereotyping in the past, and it has nothing to do with sexual preference. Two dominant personalities will clash with each other when each wants to be the one in charge, so a dominant will seek out a submissive so that they will both be happy. Sexuality has nothing to do with that.

soooo...what you are saying is that this preference is learned/instilled at a young age, right? Ergo.... being gay is a choice, not innate thing. If it weren't, you wouldn't assume the sterotypical man/woman dominance roles!!!!!
    Anonymous

• 12:53, no actually, I DON'T see it. I am the VP for Lambda Legal Society at my law school. I am surrounded by lesbians and gays and NO, the men are not more feminine and the women are not more "butch." It is ignoramuses that keep these stereotypes going, just look at some of the previous posts and the ignorance in them.
    Anonymous

• And like you don't see it enough to give the stereotype legitimacy.

What are you stereotyping homophobes doing spending so much time around gay people to make that observation?

I know one butch lesbian and one flaming gay guy, the rest you wouldn't know unless they told you. Which is your real problem - you ASSume everyone you consider "normal" is straight when you have no clue.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2009