1yr old wakes with blood on chin?

Our 1yr old sleeps in a crib in our room. Since Im 8 months pregnant, Daddy wakes up two to four times in the middle of the night to change her diaper or feed her. She never eats much so Im guessing its just out of habbit..

Last night our princess wouldnt stop crying. So Daddy held and sang and soothed her to sleep. When he layed her down she'd start crying again. After trying three times (lasting about an hour at 3am) she finally stayed asleep, but would awaken every hour or so after that and he'd do it all over again. I got her up this morning and theres two small streaks of blood on her chin. In the middle of the night Daddy couldnt see them, only a dim light on to keep her in the sleepy mood. She's banged her chin on the crib before and so theres blankets up to cushion it. Theres also a small indent in the middle of her chin that wasnt there before. Has this happened to your baby before? What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• (Continued..)
    She is perfectly fine this morning, no indication of pain at all. Her chin just looks so different..
    Anonymous

• weird? First off I am SO Jealous you have a husband patient enough to do this!! my husband never once woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't handle more than 2 minutes of straight crying and we had a son with 14 hour a day colic - so yay for you!! second, does it look like a scratch or bruise at all? If you think her actual chin looks different, see if it swollen, maybe cold press on it but if you see an indent, I would take her in - that's weird.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• maxsmom11807: Lol, yes, he is such a blessing! He was more like your husband during the first few weeks but when he started getting really attached to her and seeing how hard it was on me he changed.
    Oh god, that is horrible! You poor thing, and your poor baby! Im sorry.

It does look like just two tiny scratches but theres a small indent in the middle. She's got her 1yr doctors appointment in a few days so we'll see then. I just wish I didnt have to worry until then :(
    Anonymous