Do you shave you boy's head during the summer months? I keep my boys hair buzzed down to 1/4 inch during the summer. It is SO much easier to care for and my boys love it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• NOPE, never....my son has a hairstyle. He would not want his hair buzzed off. That is done just to save a little money and you end up looking like a low class redneck. We actually get up and fix his hair.
    Anonymous

• My youngest son's hair got buzzed this summer but my older two got "regular" haircuts. I really don't care how they have their hair as long as it is kept clean and neat. Longer is fine, but they seem to prefer it a little shorter.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• lol anon :01, so you're saying that any man with a "buzz" haircut is a "low class redneck?"

wow, I hope you don't pass that crappy judgemental attitude down to your kids.

Anyway, OP, my son is almost 2 && I did buzz his hair for the first time this summer. I don't know if I'm going to do it every summer or not, I haven't decided. My SO also did his, but he pretty much keeps it that way year 'round.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• NOPE...not when they are doing it because it looks best. It's when mom's just line their kids up outside and peel them all because it makes it so much easier and cheaper for her instead of letting the kid pick how he wants his hair and taking the time to help style and maintain it.
    Anonymous

• I "peel" my boys in the summer. So? A butch or crew-cut is a great haircut for boys--especially in the summer.
    Anonymous

• oh, well my son isn't old enough to decide how he wants his hair done, when he gets older && can decide for himself then he can pick whatever hairstyle he wants. But even in that case, you shouldn't judge people if that is the reason they do it, maybe they don't have the money to take their kids to the barber shop.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• We have a Wahl clipper. I shave my boys heads down to 1/8 inch in summer. Zero maintenance. Just run a washcloth over their heads at night. Love it!
    Anonymous

• I normally do but this year my son decided he wanted it cut at the barber shop with Papa. Okay, if Papa wants to pay for it, whatever (I wasn't about to spend $12! to cut my son's hair)
    Normally I get the clippers out and buzz it all off, but not super short. Last year I did 7/8" on top and then real short in the back. I usually don't go shorter then 1/2" on top. My husband, though, decided to do it one year when our son was 3 and used the smallest guard on the clippers and pretty much shaved him bald. My husband is no longer allowed near our son with the clippers.
    Oh, he's almost 8 now so he does have some choice in hair style and since he gets so hot and sweaty in the summer I always encourage him to just buzz it all off for his own comfort, he usually agrees. And, actually, the barber shop cut it about as short as I normally do.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• WOW i am by no means low class or redneck, my 2 boys (3 and 5) have had buzz cuts since the day they were born!! i dont even know what they would like like if i had a 'proper' haircut. i think buzz cuts look so cute on lil boys.
    Anonymous

• I usually buzz cut my son's hair in the summer. He's 5. His hair is very thick and grows fast. I buzz it once at the beginning of the summer then by the time school starts it's long enough to take him in to get a school cut. I haven't done it yet this year. I'm going to give him a mohawk this week. I'm sure he won't keep it for more than a day, but I think it will be fun.

We're also extremely far from being rednecks. We don't do it to save money. We do it because his hair is so thick and this makes him cooler in the hot weather. Plus, we're at the pool almost everyday and it's a good cut for that.
    Anonymous