Do you believe your dreams have meaning?

I had a dream that i was sitting in my townhouse when i heard a thump on the back glass window. I opened the door and found a wounded pigeon. It was winter outside. Snow on the ground (which is odd because it doesnt often snow here) I lowered my finger to the bird and let him/her climb on. (which i would never do because i dont really care for birds) I then tried to push the bird off by throwing my hand into the air. But the bird didnt move. That's when i noticed it's eyes. Soft Pink eyes. Just staring at me. (everything else in my dream was dull colored). So, with my other hand i sheltered the bird from the cold and brough him/her inside, realizing that it was my duty to care for this bird. And that's when i woke up. I've NEVER had a dream like this before. What do you think? Also, my mom died about 2 1/2 months ago. And i feel like it might be connected. But i'm not sure how.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 1:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• look up pigeons dream meanings. it signifies something but i cant remember.

yes dreams sometimes do mean something
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I believe some dreams have meaning. All winged animals can represent the soul so it is possible it was connected to your feelings about your departed mother (especially if that is what first occured to you upon considering the dream). I believe injured or dying birds can also mean threatened dreams (like something you wish for is being threatened) or lost dreams. Since you felt you needed to nurture it, perhaps the message is to not give up on something you are dreaming of but that seems like it might not happen now.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Wow, I researched this at a dream dictionary website. This is my take on it. Snow means unfortunate circumstances or illness, pigeons mean peace, pink means working on your relationship with your mother (seriously), and dreaming of eyes means be careful someone is watching you.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My interpretation is: You lost your mother do to unfortunate circumstances, you needed to work on your relationship, but she wants to tell you she is at peace and or wants peace with you and is watching out for you.

I am not a dream interpreter and could be way off base.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I do believe that dreams have very important meanings to the dreamer. I loved Susie's interpretation of the dream, BTW. I do have to say, though, that dream dictionaries are a great place to start, but you can also find your own interpretations of the symbols by associating them with something withing yourself. For example, the pink eyes - was pink an important color in either your or your mother's life? You don't care for birds, yet a bird was the focus of the affection in the dream - is there something else in your life that you don't care for must must take care of? Is there anything else about the dream that leads you to think of your mother or anything else for that matter?
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• jen to answer your questions.
    i do love susie's interpretation as well. But you're right. there might be something missing.
    Pink meaning a relationship with my mom might be very accuarte. After all the hard times she was going through we were trying to build back up again. And my moms favorite colors was pink.
    The bird, ...you asked if there is something else in my life that i dont care for but must take care of. ...My little brother. I love him. I really do. But he is going to make life so much more difficult. DH and i plan to adopt him. And he 4 1/2 yrs old.
    There is nothing else in the dream that reminds me of Mom. The dream felt odd to me, most of my dreams are in full color. But as soon as i saw the birds eyes i felt my mom. But i thought that was odd too because my mom didnt like birds either. And i did wake up feeling it was connected to her somehow.
    But, i believe the bird represents more then just one thing.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I think that it's possible that Susie's interpretation was right on, but you can add on to that your mom reminding you that she will be there in spirit to help you with your brother, and that, in a way, she is a part of him, and therefore will always be with you.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My immediate thought that came to mind was "Compassion" It is something being worked into your life and heart. Snow is white and that means pure and redemption The bible talks about taking care of the least of these then you have taken care of Jesus. The bird was wounded, you were compassionated and brought him in to care for him. You were moved by the spirit not by your thoughts. Pink consists of 2 colors red and white. combined. Red represents the shed blood of Jesus, White represents clean, pure and innocence. . I beleive the bird represents the Holy Spirit of God which carries the mother heart of God... a mother's love.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Im not great with interpreting but I do believe dreams have meanings and usually only the dreamer will "get it".

I think its our inner selves trying to tell us something and thats the best way to do it since throughout the day we are usually too busy, stressed to even think about it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I do believe some dreams have meanings. I also believe some dreams are just our subconscience minds trying to work out the problems of the day.

I know that I have gotten prophetic dreams, and some have had a some meaning to them and have turned out to be prophetic.
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 5:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2009