Cutting down carbs & fast food?

I am trying to cut down, not cut out my carbs. What do you eat if you eat fast food? It seems like everything is on a bun and you don't always have good salad selections! What do you eat?

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Why eat fast food at all? It's costly, it's HORRIBLE for trying to lose weight, and it's just all around unhealthy. Why not make your own salad at home? Fast food isn't your only option, and you'll find you'll save a lot more money if you pack your own lunch. You get to choose exactly what goes in it, and there aren't any surprises.

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 1:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Some restaurants will put your sandwich on lettuce instead of a bun, or just eat the bottom bun with your sandwich, I say the bottom because they are usually thinner, less carbs. If you like wraps, you could get a wrap and pull off the extra shell, because there is always more shell than needed! Hope this helps a bit!

Answer by Christian-Mom79 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Salads, A couple of places have grilled chicken strips I think Jack in the box and Kentucky fried chicken. Unless you want to just leave off the bun there isn't much of a choice. Taco bell used to have the less carb tortillas but you have to specify.

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I take off either the top or bottom of the bun. I have gestational diabetes and have to be VERY careful with my carbs, and this works. Absolutely NO FRIES! :)

Answer by goldenfox at 1:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Packing lunch would probabley be best. It saves a ton of money!!!!! Try salads and soup if you job has a microwave. Even eating healthier sandwichs (if you not pregnant of course) Like oven roasted turkey on whole wheat with cranberry sauce MMMMMMM. Thats my favorite!!!!!!! Just stay away from sub rolls and cheese

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• don't eat fast food. SODIUM . Just too much sodium. Plus, as pps have said, you can save money.

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• As others have said, don't eat fast food. If you are on the road often, bring your own food. I have a great list of bagged lunch ideas that I have collected over the years; feel free to contact me if you would like a copy.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I would suggested staying away from the fast food like everyone already has stated. BUT when I know I will be eatting more carbs then I want I take Carb-Ease to not feel as gulity when I do.

Answer by Advocare_Mom at 2:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2009