• In the Spotlight:

This pisses me off to NO END! WTF?

Do you think protestors should be allowed at military funerals? Holding signs such as "God hates you" or "Burn in hell" ect ect....?? Is it freedom of speech? Or wrong!!! How would you feel if your SO or LO was serving and God forbid something happen, How would you feel? IMO I think this is SICK! These people should be thankful that this person gave their LIFE to help keep them safe. I would FLIP out if I ever witnessed such a thing. It happens A LOT! My dh is military, and was a part of the Honor Guard.......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• As much as I hate it, if they're doing it on public property, and not intertwined with the funeral itself, it's freedom of speech. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want true freedom, you have to understand that it applies for others' opinions as well. I may not like it, I may not agree to it, but I do believe in freedom of speech.
    Anonymous

• I don't agree with war in general, but I would never demean a solder especially at their funeral, that is sick and wrong.
    Anonymous

• It's disgusting, but also their right. More to the point, it's your right.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I don't think they should be allowed. There is a group that protests at gay peoples funerals to and it makes me sick!

Anonymous

• It makes me mad too . I think they are sickos, but as long as they are kept at a distance and do not harm people they have the right. It is disgusting though.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• OP~ I know we have freedom of speech.....but is this not a form of harrasment?
    Anonymous

• I personally find it disgusting that people could treat another human being like that when they are in a time of despair and grief. It's sickening. The Westboro Baptist Church (the ones known for protesting military funerals with their "God Hates Fags" signs and their whole "Soldiers are dying because God hates fags in the US" bullshit) makes me sick to my stomach.
    Anonymous

• Personally I think someone needs to run their asses down, these men and women have died for our country and they and their families deserve our respect.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I think it is wrong too, it also bothers me when those prolife people protest in front of clinics. I think that their just a bunch of freaks who have nothing better to do
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 1:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My son was wounded in action in Iraq, and if God forbid he hadn't come home alive, the only disagreement between the remaining family members would have been who got the honor of pulling the trigger on those fools.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2009