do you believe in god but not so much jesus

ok so i believe in god...and science and buddhism and a millino other things haha...but when it comes to jesus. i dont think he is the divine omg figure that so many people do...i dont worship jesus. nor will i ever......he is a great example of nobility, he is a very spiritually attuned person and he is divine in his own way..but its just like buddha....spiritually attuned etc etc. but i would never worship him or go omg praise buddha or omg praise jesus. nope..not happening.

anyone else believe in a higher power and god....and angels and spirits etc etc....but you dont give all of this credit to jesus that so many othersr do

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nope, I'm an agnostic. Don't really know if I believe in a higher power or not. It's a possibility, and I'm always looking for something that could seem right to me, but haven't found it yet, and definitely didn't find it in Jesus.
    Anonymous

• Kind of... I believe in a higher state of being (you could call it God if you wanted, I guess, though that probably implies some things that I don't necessarily mean.) However I don't see this power as a 'person' with a will or an opinion. If anything, I view it as the ground of being- the energy that makes up all things. I do think there are some people who have perceived this more clearly (and would include Jesus and the Buddha among them) but don't necessarily think they were any more divine than anyone else. I do think it's very possible to believe in God but not the divinity of Jesus- that is pretty much the foundation of almost all religions that aren't Christian.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• there is more proof Jesus existed than God exist
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 1:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• You must be surrounded by devout Christians, hopefully not Evangelists. I go to a Center for Spiritual Living. Most of the members grew up here in the U.S. so we all have roots of attending a presbyterian, baptist, catholic church at one point or another, I'm sure. It sure is fun to here our reverend poke fun at the Catholic religion sometimes! Anyhow, our church believes the concepts of all religions that promote love and a higher good have a place in society. And, so yes, I believe Jesus existed, and that he was a charismatic spiritual teacher, but not that he is to be raised above all else.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 2:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I do believe in Jesus Christ, and I have a wonderful relationship with Him.

I don't, however, believe that he is the only way to salvation (and boy, do I get a lot of flack for that, LOL).
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• john14 : 6
    "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (NIV)
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 2:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Yup, I believe that Jesus was just one of many prophets/messengers sent by God to spread His message. I do believe in the Crucifixion and all that, but not that Jesus was God incarnate.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Oh, and there are tons of Christians who don't believe Jesus is God - they're called Unitarians. Although many Christians do believe that He is the only way to heaven, and that He paid for our salvation.
    There are also many Christians, though, who are Unitarian and who DON'T believe that being Christian is the only way (I'm one of them.).
    So we're out there!
    =D
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I also believe in Jesus, and have a relationship with him. I do feel I have a stronger relationship with God. Or a stonger sense that He knows I'm here. I know there is one God, and I do believe that Jesus died for our sins. I just feel a more personal connection with God. And I somewhat agree with jennijune. So many religions with basically the same principals. Something to think about anyways.
    jill.a.k.a.mom

Answer by jill.a.k.a.mom at 3:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• "there is more proof Jesus existed than God exist " i didnt say jesus never existed, the man existed.....im saying all of the glory surrounding his name , thats what i dont buy...

i mean....farrah fawcett existed, but if someone said she was the true goddess of love..ide say yea she was real, but i dont buy all of that lol.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2009