What activities to do for my 13 year old son

Hi, I live in Palm Springs, and it is very hot here all the time, do you have any ideas how to keep my 13 year old son entertained during the day, I work and I am looking for ideas that cost very little or no money at all, he has a pass to the water park, but he doesn't want to go every day, plus to give him spending money to by food there becomes also expensive, thank you for your input of any suggestions

Desertmom29

Asked by Desertmom29 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• He can call the Red Cross and find a babysitting class. My 13 year is a Red Cross certified babysitter and charges $7 an hour; she has four families she sits for on a regular basis and sometimes makes $75 in a weekend. She is also volunteering at a day camp for four weeks; going ot overnight camp for four weeks (two scholarships); she had a week of high school orientation, though she could have taken four weeks of enrichment classes at her school
    He can put flyers in neighbors' mailboxes letting them know that he is available for odd jobs, like mowing lawns, cleaning garages, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2009