A foul urine odor

I have called my DDs pedi already, just thought maybe someone on here has had a similar experience.

My 5 yr DD has very strong urine odor. I can't describe the smell, but it's almost like a sulfa or direahha smell. My DH was going through the house this morning because he thought the dog had an accident. Her room smells horrible and I don't know what it could be?!?!? Anyone have any experence with anything like this??? I've tried everything to get the smell out of her room today, but nothing is working and it makes me sick to my stomach to be in there too long.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Is she having accidents and hiding the clothes she was in, perhaps? She could be embarrassed and not want you to know.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 1:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• She is not hiding her clothes, she's having accidents while she's asleep.
    Anonymous

• Has it soaked her mattress? And Im not being smart or rude, but your answer sounds like my SIL. Her DD's room stunk so bad from urine it made your eyes water. She swore up and down she wasnt wetting during the day...........well, she was going in the closet and wetting.........they ended up having to replace not only the carpet but the floor board.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My 5 year old's urine had a strong smell at one time. I took her to the dr and it was discovered that she had an UTI. They prescribed antibiotics and it cleared up. How much "water" is she consuming. That helps flush the system also.
    mrslourob

Answer by mrslourob at 11:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2009