Potty training(poo) a boy who has been pee potty trained for over a year?

I need help potty training my 31/2 year old boy. He's been potty trained (pee) for over a year but he will not poo in the potty. I have tried everything, and yes everything. He is very stubborn and hard headed. He knows when he has to go, he runs and hides. He is going to school in the fall and he has to be potty trained. HELP

amy2b1g

Asked by amy2b1g at 1:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i had the same problem with my 3 year old. i went to toys r us and got small candy and prizes, that he helped me pick out. i got a small box and put it in the bathroom and told him these were his poopoo treats. and eventually one day it just clicked! and it was one of the best days of my life,lol. i did the same with pee pee treats. before i tried stickers and everything i could think of and nothig worked except for the poo poo treats he picked out. good luck!
    lisaandbrady

Answer by lisaandbrady at 2:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• We're having the exact opposite problem....very few poop accidents (only 2 in a month), but won't pee in the potty. Matchbox cars worked well for the poop training...and you can find cheap ones on craigslist! Otherwise, they're about $1 a piece. It beats messy underwear!
    momofc

Answer by momofc at 5:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I had that problem with my 5 year old (when he was 3 1/2) he just would not go. What I did is have a poopy cake that when he went poo on the potty he would get his cake. Just to make sure I waited until he was pooing for 1 month. Then we treated him with cake. But I had tried everything like you did. I hope it works. Good Luck
    StephanieC2000

Answer by StephanieC2000 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2009